If you are a frequent Gmail user then you must know how to set out-of-office responder in Gmail.
This helps you inform the email sender that you are away from work and access to Gmail and will be back on a certain date and time.
Whenever I schedule my out-of-office in Gmail, I make sure that the sender gets an autoreply email from my email address that I am not available at the moment and inform my returning date and time so that they would know the reason for not acknowledging their email.
This is very professional and everyone must use autoreply settings in Gmail.
How To Set Out-Of Office In Gmail AutoReply?
Gmail has made out-of-office autoreply setting very simple. Now, you can also do it in a few simple steps that I am going to show you if you are accessing your Gmail account on the Web.
- Open Gmail and log in.
- Click on “Settings” on the upper right side.
- Select Settings. A new page will open with many options for settings.
- Select the “General” Tab.
- Scroll down and find “Out-of-Office AutoReply” (Before it was known as “Vacation Responder”)
- Select the “Out of Office AutoReply on” option
- Now you need to select the date that you want to set Out-of-office auto-responder. Make sure that you mention first day and last day for auto-reply
- Type message in the subject and message body.
- Click on “Save Changes”.
In these settings, you will also get the option to select “Only send a response to people in my Contacts”.
If you choose this option then Gmail will send auto-reply only to the contact in your Gmail account.
- The Ultimate Guide to Sending Canned Responses in Gmail.
- How To Set An Out Of Office Message In Google Calendar.
Out-Of-Office auto-reply sample
Subject Line: I Am Out-Of-Office
Message Body: Thanks for your email. I am away from the office until (date). I will respond to you as soon as I can.
You can contact (your colleague or manager or partner name including their email address) if the matter is urgent.
How To Set Out-Of-Office In Gmail Mobile App?
Gmail mobile app also provides the Out-of-office feature. If you did go to the office for any reason, you can set auto-reply on your Gmail account from the iPhone app or Android app.
- Open the Gmail Mobile app and log in.
- Tap on Three vertical lines (hamburger menu option) on the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select the “Settings” option.
- You will automatically land in the “General” setting. Gmail App may ask you to select your Gmail id just to make sure that you are doing a set for the correct id. Select your Gmail address.
- Now, Scroll down and find “Out of Office AutoReply” in the General setting option.
- Mention first day and Last day of out-of-office.
- Mention message in the subject line and message body.
- Select “Send to my contact only”. This is optional. I would recommend you to not to select this option and let all the sender know that you are away from accessing your Gmail account.
Do you know it’s very important to schedule out-of-office especially if you are running any company or doing a job.
Gmail has come up with such a great feature and it’s evolving rapidly. This setting not only helps you letting people know that you are away from checking email but also signifies how professional you are.
If you did not set the out of the office and by chance you receive any important email that requires an urgent response, then you may get into trouble especially if you are running a business.
So, it’s better you set an out-of-office responder whenever you think that you may not access the Gmail emails for long hours or during vacation.