This post may contain affiliate links. Read disclaimer.
Do you want to know how to delete a Netflix profile?
You have a chance to create five profiles on your Netflix account. You can have your family or friend into your account. It’s a good idea if you and your friends share the cost of Netflix billing so that you get a very little amount to pay.
If you already add five profiles and you want to add more then, the best method is to delete the one that you no longer want to give access to and then add the new profile.
I will be sharing with you the perfect method that you can use to delete a Netflix profile even though you are using iPhone, Apple TV, Smart Android TV, Android phone or Laptop.
One thing that you must know is that you cannot delete a primary Netflix profile as that profile is associated with the Netflix account and its billing.
Once you delete the profile, you will no longer be able to get back profile preferences and history. It gets deleted permanently.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
How To Delete Netflix Profile On iPhone
It’s simple to delete a profile using your iPhone. You need to use your phone where you access your Netflix account. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Netflix app and log in.
- Tap on the “More” option (Bottom right corner).
- Tap on “Manage Profile” – You will be able to see all the profiles added in your account.
- Select the profile that you want to delete by tapping on the Pencil icon (edit button).
- Tap on “Delete Profile” and then confirm.
The process to delete Netflix profile is overall the same wherever you do it whether it’s Netflix website or app.
- How To Cancel Netflix Account | A Perfect Step-By-Step Guide.
- How do you delete a profile on the Netflix app?
- How to Remove Netflix Account from a TV, Roku, Apple TV or Blu-ray Player.
- Netflix Beginners Guide for Managing User Profiles and More.
Hey! Check out these products.
Toshiba 32LF221U19 32-inch 720p HD Smart LED TV
Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa built in
How To Delete Netflix Profile By Using Web Browser
Deleting the Netflix profile using the web browser is always recommended as it is very simple to do it. You will hardly take two minutes to delete the Netflix profile. Below are the steps you can follow:
- Open the browser, then go to Netflix.com and login
- On the upper right corner, you will see the arrow. Just keep the mouse pointer or click on it.
- Select the “MANAGE PROFILES” to access all the profiles that you had created in the past.
- Click on the profile that you want to delete by using the edit option(click on the pencil).
- Click on “Delete Profile” and confirm.
You are done. No more steps required. Now you have the space to add more profiles if you wish to.
Remember, if you are facing challenges in deleting Netflix profile other than the browser then it’s better that you visit the Netflix website from your computer and then make changes on your account.
Delete A Netflix Profile On Apple TV Or Smart Android TV
To delete a profile on TV, you need to use your remote control. You can use the search button or Netflix button to open Netflix.
- Open Netflix on your Apple TV or Smart TV or Roku.
- Manage to go to the profile using the arrow button using your remote.
- Go to the “Manage Profile” section to access the user’s list.
- Select the user you want to remove.
- Go to “Delete Profile”. You will be asked again to confirm the “delete profile”. Confirm and you are done.
No more steps required. Netflix has made steps super simple to make changes in the account especially when you are the primary Netflix user.
How To Delete A Netflix Profile On Android Phone
If you are using Netflix on your phone then you can easily make changes on profiles in your account. The process to delete a profile is similar to the iPhone app.
- Open Netflix App
- Tap on the “More” option.
- Select Manage Preferences.
- Tap on the profile that you want to delete.
- Delete the user profile and confirm.
Can I Delete Primary Netflix Profile?
You cannot delete a primary Netflix profile as the main primary profile is associated with billing. If you want to delete a primary account then you need to cancel the Netflix account.
If you do not want to use Netflix anymore and want to delete an account permanently then the best method is to write an email to [email protected] and mention “delete my Netflix account” in the subject line.
You can then use Netflix until the last subscription date.
If you just want to cancel the plan then you can use this link Netflix.com/CancelPlan and cancel the membership. You will no longer be billed on Netflix but you can still come back within 10 Month or else your account will be deleted permanently.
Delete Netflix Profile On iPad App?
The process to delete Netflix profile on iPad is simple and can be done in a few steps. You won’t find a challenge in doing changes into your Netflix account.
- Access your Netflix primary account by using the iPad App.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (“More” Option).
- Go to “Manage Profile” directly or tap on the account option to find the “Manage Profile” option.
- Select the profile you want to delete by tapping on the edit option.
- You will see the option related to delete the profile in the bottom. Tap on “Delete Profile”. You need to confirm your action.
Once you delete the profile you will lose all the data related to that profile and the use will no longer be able to access that profile.
How To Delete Netflix Viewing History
Netflix does give an option to delete viewing history. Now you do not need to delete the entire profile or account.
Netflix itself has the feature to delete the history. Below are the steps to delete Netflix viewing history.
Delete Viewing History By Using Netflix Website
- Log in to Netflix, and then go to profile – Upper right corner.
- Click on Account – This will give you all the information related to your Netflix account.
- Go to Viewing activity – Little down on the right side.
- Now, you will be able to see your viewing history.
- Select the history you want to delete and then click on the “Hide series”.
You can also hide all your past viewing activity at one go.
Delete Viewing History By Using Netflix App
- Open the Netflix App and Log in.
- Go to “More” or “Menu” (Looks like three horizontal lines) and then select Account.
- Tap on My profile and then select Viewing activity.
- You can now see all the viewed history related to your profile.
- Hide whatever you do not want to be seen on your account.
The process to delete viewing history is pretty simple. It can be done from a phone or web browser.
Once you delete the history, you won’t be able to bring it back so make sure you delete the history that you really do not want.
Important: Going to the Menu Option is different in a Web browser and phone app.
On the website, the menu option appears on the upper right corner.
On the Android App, the menu option appears on the upper left corner. Three horizontal lines.
On the iPhone App, the menu or “More” option features on the lower right corner.
Once you reach your “Account Page”, the process to delete viewed history is the same.
If you love online video streaming then, Netflix is the must use online service. You can have your friend add up to your account and share the cost of Netflix.
Whatever the package you subscribe to, it can be divided into five of your friends. This is what I love about Netflix.
No matter whoever shares the account, the billing will come on the primary account user. You cannot add multiple cards to divide the bill. You can add only one card details to your Netflix account.
If you no longer want to use Netflix, then it’s better to cancel the Netflix account rather than keeping it. Why you should spend money if you are actually not streaming Netflix.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I delete the profile and add it later?
Yes, you can add up to five profiles. If you want to add more then you need to delete one.
How can I delete my own Netflix profile?
You cannot delete your own profile but you can cancel your Netflix account. Below are the steps to cancel the Netflix account.
- Login to Netflix.
- For web browser: Go to your profile on the upper right corner. For Mobile App: Tap on the “More” option.
- Select the “Account” option
- Click on the “Cancel Membership” Grey button.
- Click on “Finish Cancellation”.
How Can I add a new profile?
You can delete or add a new Netflix profile anytime you want. But the limit to add maximum profile is five. You cannot add more than five profiles to your Netflix account.
Add a new profile on the Netflix account.
- Go to your profile and select “Manage Profile”.
- Here, you can see all the profiles you have created in the past. If you haven’t created any profile then only your profile will feature on that page.
- Click on the plus sign to add/create a new profile.
- You will be asked to name the profile and press continue.
Now, you will see the new profile added to your profile. You will still be the primary Netflix account owner.
Can I put my Netflix account on hold to avoid monthly charges?
The best way to deal with this situation is by canceling the membership. Yes, you can cancel the Netflix membership to avoid being billed for the subscription.
Netflix will keep your account open without subscription for a period of 10 months. If you did not buy the member within that period then your account will automatically be deleted.
You will no longer use your account and all your video preferences in the Netflix account will be gone.
Can I add my kids to my Netflix account?
Yes, you can add your kids to your Netflix account. While creating the profile you will see the option for the kids. Just click on kids and set up the kids based profile. Netflix has the policy to show the series that kids can watch.
How long does it take to delete a Netflix profile?
If you follow the steps that I have mentioned in this article, then you can easily delete a Netflix profile in 5 minutes or even less.
Founder of twomillionways.com
MBA – London
I am here to share my ideas and experience on how to make real money.