We all know that TikTok by default creates the username when you join TikTok and later some users wouldn’t like it.
Everyone wants their username to look fancy and cool. So, is it possible to change the TikTok username?
Yes, you can change your username on TikTok from your iPhone or Android phone. All you have to do is to follow a 3 simple steps below and get your new username or “ID” ready for your followers.
How To Change Your Username On TikTok?
The process to change your username is pretty simple. Just follow the below steps and get it done.
Note: TikTok has over a billion users so, having your own name as a TikTok username may not be possible, you may be required to use a “sign” or “numbers” in your TikTok username. TikTok never allows multiple users to share one username. It has to be unique.
Step 1: Open the TikTok app and tap on “Me” on the lower right corner.
Step 2: Tap on “Edit Profile” and then Go to “Username”
Step 3: Now, edit username. The new username should be unique. If someone has already taken a username then you cannot have that one. You need to find some other username. Tap on “Save” on the upper right corner.
TikTok takes around 30 days to make the changes in your username. Also, you can change your username once in 30 days.
TikTok will not allow you to edit your username multiple times in 30 days. Once you create the new one, then you have to wait for the next 30 days to make changes in your username.
- How To Edit TikTok Videos? (Detailed Step-By-Step Guide).
- How Much Do TikTokers Make? (Per View, Per Post, Per Month)
- How To Make Money On TikTok (Useful Guide Based On TikTokers)
- How do I change my Tiktok username?- Quora
How To Change TikTok Username on iPhone Or Android app?
You can easily make changes on your TikTok username from your iPhone and Android is pretty similar. TikTok app has made the settings section very simple for the users.
Below are the steps to change TikTok id or username on iPhone or Android.
- Log in to your TikTok app and go to your profile by tapping on the “Me” option.
- Your profile page will open. Now, tap on the Edit Profile button.
- You will see the username in the middle of the edit profile section. Select Username to make changes.
- Now, TikTok will allow you to make changes to your profile name. If you have already made changes to the username then the TikTok app will now allow you to edit it. You need to wait for 30 days from the day you made changes to your username.
- Change to name and select save option. TikTok will take 30 days to apply the changes.
How To Change Username on TikTok Before 30 Days?
When you change your username, TikTok takes 30 days to make a change. I know many users may not want to wait 30 days.
Now, by following a few steps you can now change the username on TikTok before 30 days. Just follow the below steps and get your new username right now.
Note: once you create a new username, then you cannot make changes for the next 30 days.
- Go to your “phone settings” to change the date and time of your phone.
- Remove automatic date and time update and set manually. Select the date 30 days further from the present date. The date can be anything but it has to be 30 days further from the present date.
- Now, open TikTok App and select “Me” (your profile) on the lower right corner.
- Tap on “Edit profile”
- Tap on “Username”. Change the username.
- Save the edit.
This is how you can change your TikTok username without waiting for 30 days.
Once you are done with making changes. You can now set your phone date on automatic or set manually to the present date, whatever you prefer.
TikTok Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I change my TikTok username?
Go to your profile on TikTok and tap on the Edit Profile button and go to the Username section to make the edit.
How do I write my username on TikTok?
Simply open TikTok. Go to your profile where you see your photo. You will see the Edit Profile button. Tap on “Username” and edit your username. Tap on save.
How do I change my TikTok Username without waiting?
- Simply go to your phone setting and manually set date and time 30 days further from the present day. The date can be anything but it should be 30 days later.
- Now, go to the TikTok profile and press the “Edit profile” button.
- Tap on Username to make changes.
- Once done, you can now bring the phone date and time to the present date.
Does TikTok allow you to change username?
Yes, you can change your username on TikTok. But once you make changes, you cannot do it for the next 30 days.
If you have created a new TikTok profile or you are a new user and you did not like the username then you can do it now.
If you are a popular TikToker with huge followers and views, then I would not advise you to make changes to your username on TikTok. This may affect your organic search and growing follower as you got popularity on a particular username and that is your identity now.
Changing your name on TikTok is pretty simple but as you know it takes 30 days to apply changes. If you seriously do not like your username then only make changes otherwise not. If you are looking forward to working hard publishing TikTok video contents then I would recommend you not to make any changes to your username.