It’s very important to have a Gmail signature to give a professional look to your email.
If you deal with emails on a daily basis then you must know how to add a signature in Gmail not only for personal use but also at the job.
I will get you through the perfect step-by-step beginners guide so that you can have your own professional signature in a few minutes.
How To Add A Signature In Gmail?
Many people don’t know how to create a signature on Gmail for free without paying a single penny. Below are the steps you must follow and get your signature in a few minutes.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on “Settings” on the top right side and select “Settings” again.
- You will automatically get to the “General” tab of the Gmail settings page.
- Now, scroll down a little bit. You will find a “Signature” section.
- Create your own Signature (make sure you Untick “No Signature”).
- Once you made your signature, scroll down and click on the “Save Changes” button.
Professional looking signature builds your profile and this is really important especially in the business.
How Do You Create A Professional Signature?
You must have noticed a good looking professional signature at the end of the email. You can also create such types of signatures with the help of Google docs or MS word application.
You will not get much formatting option in the Gmail signature editing section and hence you need to take help from Google Docs.
Below are the steps you can follow and get your professional looking Gmail signature.
- Open new Google Docs.
- Go to Insert, select “Table” and get two tables 2X1.
- Now, on the left box insert your image and on the right box mention your profile. See the example below
- Once you mention the details, you need to remove the border (box) and for that select the entire signature including boxes.
- Click on more (looks like three dots on the upper right side), Go to border width and select 0pt. Your professional signature is ready. The next step is to paste the signature into Gmail signature settings.
- Go to your Gmail account, click on “Settings”, Again “Settings”. Under “General” scroll down to reach the Signature section.
- Paste the copied signature to the Gmail signature. Untick the No Signature option.
- Click on Save Changes.
You can watch a video on how to add professional email signature tutorial below and get your gmail signature ready in a few minutes.
- Make the Image in Your Gmail Signature a Working Hyperlink.
- How to Insert a Business Logo in the Signature on Gmail.
- How do I remove an unwanted email signature in Gmail?
How To Add Signature In Gmail App iOS And Android?
Smartphones made life simpler. You can use the Gmail app from your phone IOS and Android.
You can also create or add a Gmail signature from Gmail App in a few simple steps.
- Open the Gmail app and log in with your ID.
- Tap on three vertical lines (menu icon) on the upper left corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings”.
- Go to “General” and tap on “Signature”.
- Add your signature.
- Press “Ok”.
You will find limited options to add a signature from the phone compare to Gmail from a web browser.
If you are ok with the basic signature look from the Gmail app, then you can go ahead with it.
How do I add An Electronic Signature (handwritten) On Gmail?
Do you want to show your electronic signature on Gmail?
Now you can share the electronic signature when you send an email to someone. This will give a more professional look to your email.
See the below steps:
- You need to create a handwritten signature. You can draw it online from a website called online signature. Draw and download the signature.
- Now login to your Gmail account.
- Go to settings.
- On the General tab, you will see the signature option.
- Upload the electronic signature that you have created in the picture format.
- Click on Save Changes.
I have seen many entrepreneurs using an electronic signature in the signature section of the email.
What Is Proper Email Signature?
A proper email signature signifies professionalism. You must create a signature that says about yourself including your position.
Things that make a proper email signature:
- Your Name.
- Your Position.
- Your Company Name.
- Company Website (optional).
- A social network link to your profile. Mention the Social network logo and make it clickable.
- Contact Number (optional).
- Your photo on the left side of the signature (Optional).
- Motivational Quote at the end of signature (optional).
You now have an idea of what to mention in the signature.
My advice to you is that, try to make a simple and short signature. Finish it within 6-7 lines.
If your signature looking bigger then try to reduce the font size.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I change my Signature?
Yes, you can change or edit your signature any time you want.
Just go to setting and in the General tab scroll down to find the Signature section.
There you can edit your existing signature.
Does your Signature have to be your full name?
No, it’s not mandatory. People usually mention self-name and surname.
You can use the name that people call you. You do not need to mention your father’s name in your signature.
How do I put multiple titles in an email signature?
When you create your own signature in Gmail, use separator like “l” one line in between two titles.
This indicates that you have multiple titles. Try to keep the maximum of 2-3 titles.
How do I delete a Gmail signature?
You can delete your Gmail signature at any time.
- Go to the settings on the top right side of your Gmail account
- In the General tab, scroll down to see the signature section.
- Select all signature info and delete it.
- Scroll down till the end to see the “Save Changes” button. Click on Save Changes.
This is how you can delete your Gmail signature.
If you do not want your signature temporarily, then click on “No Signature” and click on Save Changes button.
Everyone should keep a habit of adding Signature in Gmail account emails.
The main advantage of using a signature is, people will take your email seriously and may respond to you in a quick time.
Gmail is making things simple for its users. They are coming up with many features including various Google apps.
Before, I didn’t know that we can add a signature in Gmail so easily. I was using a signature on the Outlook application. But, now I have my own signature on both, outlook and Gmail.
The reason why Gmail signature is important because it builds your profile and connections.